*If EXPA is down*
Malang is the second largest city in East Java with a rapidly growing population of about 1.2 million. It is one of East Java’s most attractive cities, with a cooler climate than its neighboring cities and is surrounded by two groups of mountains with Mount Semeru, the highest mountain on Java, and Bromo-Tengger-Semeru National Park to the east.
Global Guardians is a project that focuses on empowering youth through soft skills education and guiding them towards their passion in life. Many students graduate from high school confused on what they want to do in life, with 13% graduating high school, entering a university, and dropping out within their second semester due to wanting to try to get into the major they want. This a a growing and accepted trend in Indonesia, but this project will attempt to change that mindset, attempting to provide the necessary skills and guidance in order to enter the university they want and entering the workforce as a competent and thriving member of society.
- You will become a facilitator for these conferences and deliver sessions to participants
- You will create the concept and materials for each week of the conference along with other exchange participants with the help of the organizing committee members
- You will be tested on your creativity and presentation skills in order to actively engage the students
- You will become a team leader for a specific student and create a group with them to solve weekly challenges and the overall competition
- You will have cultural immersion activities
How we measure the Impact:
- # of students actively engaged throughout the conferences
- % satisfaction rate of students after project
- # of public outreach and campaigns joined through project
- Indonesia is the 4th most populous country in the world and is made up of over 17000 islands with beautiful landscapes
- With a lot of spices and diversity of food you can literally eat for days in Indonesia and always be trying something new
- You will be met with some of the biggest smiles and friendliest people you have ever seen
Why LC UNIBRAW:
- Second oldest entity in AIESEC Indonesia, established since 1986.
- Delivers high quality leadership experience, certified by AIESEC International
- Local, National, and International recognitions by AIESEC International – High number of EP promoters every year
Apply for this opportunity if you feel that you are:
- People oriented
- Emotionally strong and mature
- Looking for big strong inner challenge experience
- Want to work with students
- A great story teller
- Eager to give impact to youth in Malang
Expected work schedule
10:00 – 15:00
Saturday work schedule
12:00 – 14:00
- Holidays can be adjusted by Interns but interns have to follow the timeline of the project.
- Interns have to sign the holiday agreement before they go for holiday, this is OBLIGATED
- Interns not allowed to go for a holiday during weekdays (Monday- Thursday)
- Holiday could be in the end of 6 weeks – Working hours cannot be adjusted because of holiday reason, working hour is set by the project, not by the interns
- If interns go for a holiday outside of Malang, they have to give a return ticket to the Organizing Committee and Manager as proof, and the return tickets will act as an agreement between interns and project (depends in how long the holiday)
- Any case that happens during the holiday is out of the responsibility of IGV Project AIESEC LC UB, we are not responsible for anything that happens during the holiday
- Extending visa after 60 days (after project) is not the responsibility of the project, interns have to extend the visa by themselves.
- Host family be finished after 6 weeks and interns cannot extend the stay for holiday reasons.
LCVP IGV Project