Surabaya, provincial capital of East Java and Indonesia’s second largest city, served for over half a millenium as trading port for the inland empires of Java. Situated at the mouth of the Brantas River, the city was officially founded in 1293 when Raden Wijaya established Majapahit, Indonesia’s most glorious empire on the site of a legendary battle between a shark (sura) and crocodile (baya). Surabaya, known as the “City of Heroes” because of its role in nation’s independence struggle, has grown into an elegant city of large, colonnaded buildings bordering broad, tree shaded avenues. It serves as the commercial center of a thriving industrial and agricultural hinterland. The city’s historical sites include Kali Mas harbor with its tall-mastered trading schooners and, nearby, the narrow alleyways and shops of the Arab quarter, redolent of the Middle East.
Why Surabaya needs you in this project?
Education is a basic foundation of life and a bridge for the better future for nation. As a developing country, Indonesia is still facing challenges to give proper education to every children. One of the challenges is the low confident of students in English communication. That is why we create an ACTion to improve Indonesia’s education. We are inviting you to contribute in our nation’s education to encourage students to speak English and give cultural sharing.
>> The Change Indonesia’s Education System Need https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1-ePt9lADc
– You will Join students organization or extracurricular activities held by the school such as: English club, volley, basketball, etc. this activity is one of the ways to mingle and get in touch with the students
>> School’s sport https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuRFX6ZHLSI
– Create a interesting game, competition, outdoor, or other fun activities to motivate and have interaction to the student together with the teachers.
>> Language Art Games https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZgjAg7hVrY
– You will join every activity arranged by the School such as field trip and gathering. Intern also has to arrange several activities to encourage the student to interact with him/her.
>> Jump-in & Jump-out Games https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6bHltjIYzE
– You will conduct conversation class and focus group discussion with the students about culture (cultural presentation) and the importance of learning English as world language communication
– You will represent your home culture through presentation and daily teaching, learn about Indonesian culture, as part of the effort to create a better understanding between nations.
>> Learn Indonesian : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYjZ0q9yFu0
– You will join AIESEC Surabaya’s activity and make video testimony telling your experience throughout your journey in Surabaya.
>> Intern Video Summer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MILShb4S_0
– Indonesia is the 4th most populous country in the world and is made up of over 17,000 islands with beautiful
– With a lot of spices and diversity of food you can literally eat for days in Indonesia and always be trying something
– You will be met with some of the biggest smiles you have ever seen.
Why AIESEC in Indonesia
– One of the biggest entity in AIESEC globally, our operations cover an extensive
– Top 10 rank of AIESEC Global
– Recipient of the “Purposeful Collaboration Award” in 2016 by AIESEC International for co-creating relevant, impactful and meaning experiences with its partners.
– Delivering +1500 exchanges each year, we have experienced and mature exchange operations designed to fulfil
Why you should choose AIESEC in Surabaya?
– One of the biggest city based LC in Indonesia
– Twice Palapa Excellence Award back to back by AIESEC Indonesia
– Develop 500+ AIESEC experience
– Engage 50+ TN located around Surabaya
– Delivering good quality of SnS
– Our member comes from more than 15+ different University in Surabaya
- Preferred Locations : AIESEC INTERNATIONAL
- Expected Work Schedule: 7 – 15
- Saturday Work Hours : –
Salary (USD) : $ –
Holiday/Vacation Policy : Exchange participants must ask permission from the TN and tell AIESEC Hosting Entity if would like to take a Holiday